March 1, 2020 – When she isn’t leading tours, Becky is usually writing up a storm. Here are some recent places she has been published.
- Pockets (Children’s Magazine)- December 2018
- The Lutheran Digest (Magazine)- Spring/Summer 2019
- Just Between Us (Online Women’s Magazine)- July 2019
- Short and Sweet: A Different Beat (Short-Story Book)- October 2019
- Christian Living in the Mature Years (Magazine)- Spring 2020
2019 – Becky participated in “Read Across America” at several elementary schools. She read “Girl Fight,” “Green Fingernails,” and “Skating Rink” from One Smile, One Arm. The kids enjoyed meeting an author and asked tons of great questions about her prosthetic arm and about writing a book.
- East Lawrence Elementary School in Trinity, AL- 2/1/19
- West Morgan Elementary School in Trinity, AL- 2/28/19
- Ridgecrest Elementary School in Huntsville, AL- 3/1/19
- Barkley Bridge Elementary School in Hartselle, AL- 3/8/19
- Brookhill Elementary School in Athens, AL- 3/25/19
February 28, 2018 – For “Read Across America,” Becky read stories from her book One Smile, One Arm to second graders. They especially liked the “Girl Fight” story! It opened a conversation about bullying and the right way to respond to a bully.
June 3, 2016 – The Decatur Public Library (Decatur, AL) hosted a Local Author Meet & Greet. Becky and five other authors enjoyed talking with guests and signing books for them.
May 21, 2015 – Becky had the honor of being a presenter at the Tennessee Disability MegaConference in Nashville, TN. She was super blessed by the courageous and determined people she met there. She led a session called One Smile, One Arm that focused on adaptions to function in everyday life.
Feb. 19, 2014 – What a learning experience! Becky was a guest on “Nite Line” on WGGS TV16 in Greenville, SC.
Dec. 3, 2013 – Becky’s alma mater, Miami University of Ohio, included a story about her book in their magazine, Miamian (Fall 2013).
Nov. 26, 2013 – WestBow Press featured a guest post by Becky on their blog. She shared the back story of her book– what made her start writing it, and how it grew from a single post to One Smile, One Arm. The post is titled “1264 Days” and you can read it here:
Nov. 24, 2013 – Crosspoint Community Church in Decatur, Alabama, hosted a BOOK SIGNING for Becky. This is her favorite picture from the event.
Nov. 15, 2013 – Becky was featured in the Living/Religion section of the Decatur Daily, Decatur, AL. Several stories from her book, One Smile, One Arm, were highlighted in the article. Becky talked about her life experiences with one arm and how they made her laugh, made her cry, and shaped who she is today.